The University Mobility in Asia and the Pacific (UMAP) Consortium promotes student exchanges among colleges and universities in 35 countries in Asia and the Pacific Rim.
BCCIE is Canada’s national secretariat for UMAP. Canadian institutions interested in signing up for UMAP can contact BCCIE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to UMAP gives Canadian education institutions the following:
mobility for students and faculty via reciprocal exchanges to higher education institutions in Asia and on the Pacific Rim
promote short-term (1-8 week) programs to a wide range of stakeholders
access to scholarships for study in Japan and Taiwan
a foothold in emerging and existing markets for international students
strategic partnerships with UMAP partner institutions that share their values and vision around internationalization
Become a UMAP member
BCCIE encourages all public and private post-secondary institutions in Canada to sign-up for this consortium. Participating schools must be a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) and have sufficient infrastructure for facilitating education abroad programs. There is no cost to Canadian post-secondary institutions to participate.
- Read and review the UMAP program information and PLEDGE OF AGREEMENT found here
- Contact the National Secretariat of Canada (BCCIE) to inquire about any questions you may have, and to inform us of your interest
Sign the PLEDGE OF AGREEMENT and send a scanned copy to the International Secretariat and the National Secretariat
- In addition to the scanned copy, please send two sets of the signed agreement to the International Secretariat. Upon receipt, they will countersign and return one original copy back to you.
- Members will then be added to the UMAP consortium. Information will be sent to you via email on the various programs, including A&B (one or two semester long exchange programs), C (short-term programs), Summer Programs, and Research Net collaborations.
BCCIE | UMAP National Secretariat of Canada
Chelsey Laird, Senior Manager, Internationalization and Market Support
T: 604 637 6741
International Secretariat of UMAP
Toyo University, 5-28 Hakusan, Hunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112-8606 Japan
A full list of UMAP members can be found here. Below are the Canadian member institutions.
- Coast Mountain College
- College of New Caledonia
- Okanagan College
- Brock University
Sign-up for BCCIE’s newsletter here to be notified about upcoming events, including UMAP information sessions.
• UMAP information session at CBIE
When: November 21, 2018, 11:15 a.m.–12:15 p.m. (EST)