Straight to your inbox
The University Mobility in Asia and the Pacific (UMAP) Consortium promotes student exchanges among more than 220 active colleges and universities in 24 countries/territories in Asia and the Pacific Rim.
BCCIE is Canada’s national secretariat for UMAP. Canadian institutions interested in signing up for UMAP can contact BCCIE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to UMAP gives Canadian education institutions the following:
- Mobility for students and faculty via reciprocal exchanges to higher education institutions in Asia and on the Pacific Rim;
- Promotion of short-term (1-8 week) programs to a wide range of stakeholders;
- Access to scholarships for study in Japan and Taiwan;
- A foothold in emerging and existing markets for international students; and,
- Strategic partnerships with UMAP partner institutions that share their values and vision around internationalization.
Interested in learning more about UMAP? This video will explain everything you need to know about UMAP, its programs, and more!
Become a UMAP Member
BCCIE encourages all public and private post-secondary institutions in Canada to sign-up for this consortium. Participating schools must be a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) and have sufficient infrastructure for facilitating education abroad programs. There is no cost to Canadian post-secondary institutions to participate.
- Read and review the UMAP program information and PLEDGE OF AGREEMENT found here.
- Contact the National Secretariat of Canada (BCCIE) to inquire about any questions you may have, and to inform us of your interest.
- Upon approval from the National Secretariat, sign the PLEDGE OF AGREEMENT and send a scanned copy to the International Secretariat and the National Secretariat.
- In addition to the scanned copy, please send two sets of the signed agreement to the International Secretariat. Upon receipt, they will countersign and return one original copy back to you.
- Members will then be added to the UMAP consortium. Information will be sent to you via email on the various programs, including A&B (one or two semester long exchange programs), C (short-term programs), summer programs, UMAP COIL, virtual exchanges, and research net collaborations.
A full list of UMAP members can be found here. Below are the Canadian member institutions. Alberta
- Bow Valley College
- Acsenda School of Management
- Coast Mountain College
- College of New Caledonia
- Douglas College
- Justice Institute of BC
- Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- North Island College
- Northern Lights College
- Okanagan College
- Royal Roads University
- University Canada West
- University of the Fraser Valley
- University of Northern British Columbia
- Vancouver Community College
- Vancouver Island University
- Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology
- Memorial University
- Brock University
- Centennial College
- Laurentian University
- CEGEP Champlain - St. Lawrence
- Cegep de Shawinigan
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic
- University of Regina
- Yukon University
- Vancouver Community College Student Learns Critical Skills with Students from Around the World
- KPU Advances Study Abroad Opportunities Through UMAP
- Okanagan College Leverages UMAP Membership to Secure Scholarships for Exchange Students
- UMAP Welcomes UNBC as 10th Canadian Institution
- Coast Mountain College Enhances Global Position Through UMAP
- BC Council for International Education Takes on Canadian Secretariat Role for Asia and Pacific University Consortium