Stories from Abroad: $1000 British Columbia Study Abroad Scholarship
On behalf of the BC Study Abroad Consortium, we are inviting outbound BC students to apply for a $1,000 scholarship in return for sharing their experience about learning abroad!
To be eligible, students must meet all of the following criteria:
- currently enrolled at a BCSA Consortium institution;
- currently accepted or enrolled in a short-term study abroad program; and,
- departing or traveling between December 2019 – September 2020.
How to apply
Please download our application checklist and email the application materials in one PDF with the subject line reading "Stories from Abroad: British Columbia Study Abroad Scholarship Application" to email@example.com.
In return for the $1000 scholarship the chosen student will need to submit the following to be uploaded onto our BCSA Blog:
- One 300-400 words blog post (with a photo) pre-departure
- One 300-400 words blog post (with a photo) throughout the duration of the study abroad program
- One 300-400 words blog post (with a photo) once the study abroad program has finished and the student has returned to BC
- 8-10 high resolution photos (in JPEG format) upon completion of the student’s study abroad program. In an accompanying Word document, supply the following information for each photo: Image File Name, Location (Geotag), Caption
- A short presentation at the student's home institution once back in BC
Application Deadline: Monday, March 2, 2020
Please ask your international advisor or visit your institution’s Student Awards and Financial Aid website for more information.