Formal Mentorship Program Details
Our formal mentorship program has a structured format and includes specific expectations and organizational support.
BCCIE’s Formal Mentorship Program Expectations:
- Communicate at least 2 hours per month
- Participate in 1 webinar together and discuss the presentation post-event
- Meet for a full day of job shadowing at the mentee's place of work
- Meet for a full day of job shadowing at the mentor's place of work
- Attend Summer Conference*, and deliver a 10 minute presentation with your respective mentor/mentee about the experiences you have had and what you have learned over the course of the year
- Complete a final evaluation at the end of the program
BCCIE's Formal Mentorship Program Support:
- Complimentary registration for the mentee to Summer Conference
- $500** per pairing to go towards travel, job shadowing, conference expenses, etc.
- One mid-year mentorship event in Vancouver
- Continued support from BCCIE including a BCCIE support staff member available for questions or concerns throughout the duration of the program
*for the 2019/20 Mentorship Program only, the end of year presentation will be in conjunction with the BCCIE pre-conference event at the Global Internship Conference