[CANCELLED] Explore International Education Opportunities in Yunnan, China through the Belt and Road InitiativeDate: Nov 27, 2018
Time: 1:30 – 4:00 p.m. PDT (registration starts at 1:15 p.m.)
Format: Presentations and networking
Hosted By: BCCIE
Location: Science and Technology Building – 2nd Floor – T-Gallery, Langara College, 100 West 49th Avenue, Vancouver, BC
Please note that the event has been cancelled. If you have any questions or concerns, please email Tom Wang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On behalf of an incoming post-secondary institution delegation from Yunnan Province, China, BCCIE is inviting you to the Yunnan Higher Education Promotion Conference to meet and network with the delegation on Tuesday, November 27 at Langara College.
Target audience: EQA designated public and private post-secondary institutions
About Yunnan Province
Yunnan is in located in the far Southwest of China, with a total area of 394,000 square kilometers. It's well-known as a multi-ethnic province with 25 ethnic minority groups, profound and colorful culture, beautiful ecological environment, mild climate, and abundant natural resources. As one of the key provinces involved in China’s “Belt and Road Initiative”, Yunnan strives to promote exchanges and cooperation with countries in Southeast Asia, South Asia, as well as Europe and America.
By the end of 2016, there were 31,300 schools and institutions in different levels, including 78 post-secondary institutions. Student population reached 13.4231 million and the number of full-time teachers accounted 520,700. Taking full advantage of its geographic location as China’s gateway to South and Southeast Asia, Yunnan has established educational partnerships with more than 50 countries, regions, and educational organizations through the "Belt and Road Initiative" and the "South and Southeast Asia Radial Center Construction Plan".
- International Education market updates from Yunnan and discussion of educational opportunities through China’s Belt and Road Initiative
- Understanding the newly announced Double First-Class University Initiative and opportunities between BC and Yunnan
- Working opportunities at the post-secondary institutions in Yunnan
- Meeting and networking with key post-secondary institutions and government representatives from Yunnan Province
- Meeting with the new Head of Education Office, Consul Jun Guo, from the Chinese Consul General in Vancouver. (Consul Guo’s participation is subject to the final confirmation by the Chinese Consulate General)
- Discussing recruitment and cooperation opportunities in Yunnan and Southwest China
Participating institutions/school from Yunnan
- Yunnan University
- Kunming Medical University
- Yunnan Agricultural University
- Yunnan College of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Yunnan Nationality University
- Yunnan University of Finance and Economics
- Southwest Forestry University
- Yunnan Arts University
- Yuxi Normal College
- Honghe College
- Baoshan College
- Experimental Middle School Attached to Yunnan Normal University
For the full agenda, please visit here.
|1:30 p.m.||VIP remarks|
Presentation by Yunnan Provincial Department of Education:
Yunnan Education and Opportunities through the Belt and Road Initiative
|2:15 p.m.||Presentation by BCCIE: BC International Education|
|2:35 p.m.||Introductions of Yunnan institutions|
|3:30 p.m.||Information release: Talent Demand in Yunnan Education|
|3:40 p.m.||Tea break and networking|
Job Fair (cancelled)
Please note that the job fair portion of the event has been cancelled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.