Webinar | West Africa Education Sector Today – International Education Market Updates, Trends, and Developments
Date: September 30, 2020
Time: 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. PDT
Format: Online via GoToWebinar
Hosted By: BCCIE and Trade Commissioner Service, Global Affairs Canada
Africa is one of the fastest-growing economic regions in the world. According to the International Monetary Fund (IMF), five of the world’s 20 fastest-growing economies are in sub-Saharan Africa. Canada is expanding its trade and investment in sub-Saharan Africa, including in international education. In 2018, Canada hosted more than 11,000 Nigerian students. Nigeria was Canada’s most important source of international students from Sub-Saharan Africa1. Export Development Canada has designated Ghana as one of its key markets in Africa.
Please join Trade Commissioners from Ghana and Nigeria that are responsible for international education; supporting Canadian schools to recruit students and forge institutional partnerships in the region. They will present on contemporary market intelligence, key data, trends, developments, opportunities, and analysis on the issues currently impacting the education sector.
- Ghanaian and Nigerian education sectors at a glance – develop a better understanding of the education markets with key data on student mobility and a regional market overview;
- Education and business during COVID-19 – share current developments impacting the education sectors in Ghana and Nigeria, including international mobility;
- Post COVID-19 trends and opportunities – identify possible partnership opportunities and market strategies in the education sector.
- Mr. Okokon Odiongenyi, Trade Commissioner, High Commission of Canada, Abuja, Nigeria
- Mrs. Kathleen Ami Afful, Trade Commissioner & Political Officer, High Commission of Canada, Accra, Ghana