Webinar | Colombia’s Education Sector Today – International Education Market Updates, Trends, and Developments
Date: June 11, 2020
Time: 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. PDT
Format: Online via GoToWebinar
Hosted By: BCCIE and Trade Commissioner Service, Global Affairs Canada
Colombia is the third largest education market for Canada in Latin America after Brazil and Mexico and is ranked in the top 20 source countries of students to Canada worldwide. Currently, Colombia is widely viewed as one of the most important growth markets for international recruitment globally (4th fastest growing market) and has excellent market fundamentals. Colombia is identified by BC’s international education sector as a key jurisdiction for student diversification, collaboration, and partnership development.
Please join Colombia’s Trade Commissioner responsible for international education, to learn about contemporary market intelligence, key data, trends, developments, opportunities, and analysis on the issues currently impacting the Colombia education sector. Our presentation will be followed by a Q&A.
- The Colombia education sector at a glance – develop a better understanding of the education market in Colombia with key data on student mobility and a regional market overview.
- Education and business during COVID-19 – share current developments impacting the education sector in Colombia, including international mobility.
- Post COVID-19 trends and opportunities – identify possible partnership opportunities (COIL) and market strategies in the Colombia education sector.
- Magali Boffet, Education Trade Commissioner, Embassy of Canada to Colombia
- Claudio Ramirez, Senior Trade Commissioner, Embassy of Canada to Colombia
- Laura Sparks, First Secretary (migration), Embassy of Canada to Colombia