Details and Eligibility
With the generous support of Global Affairs Canada, the UMAP International Secretariat, currently hosted at Vancouver Community College, is providing funding for study abroad programs (physical and virtual) within the UMAP consortium.
The UMAP-Canada scholarships are available to Canadian citizen students of Canadian UMAP member institutions to study at UMAP member institutions in other countries AND for foreign nationals from a UMAP member institution to study at UMAP Canada member institutions on an approved UMAP program (physical or virtual) starting between April 1, 2023 and March 31, 2024.
Eligible Programs or study abroad terms must be registered in the UMAP Student Connection Online (USCO) system or pre-approved for consideration by UMAP IS.
The scholarship value is based on the type and length of the program.
- Four-month program / one academic term: $10,200 CAD
- Five- to seven-month program: $12,700 CAD
- Eight-month program / two academic terms: $14,700 CAD
- Short-term programs (7-30 days): $3,500 CAD
- All programs: longer than one week (7 days) to a maximum of one semester (3-4 months), pro-rated for program type and length, up to CAD $1,000 per month.
By invitation only. Students must apply and be accepted to a UMAP physical or virtual exchange program. Eligible students will be contacted with scholarship application details. Contact the UMAP International Secretariat for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org)