B.C.-China Award for Excellence in Chinese
British Columbia’s Ministry of Education is pleased to announce that applications are now open for the B.C.-China Award for Excellence in Chinese. The award promotes the study of Chinese language and culture by B.C. students developing their intercultural awareness and skills.
The B.C.-China Award for Excellence in Chinese is a collaborative scholarship program offering up to fifty (50) $500 Awards for B.C. students studying Chinese. Each award is jointly funded by the B.C. Ministry of Education ($250) and the Chinese Consulate in Vancouver ($250).
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Ordinarily reside in British Columbia
- Be school-age (not older than 19 years of age by June 30, 2019)
- Be enrolled as a full-time Grade 12 student at a public or independent school in British Columbia
- Have completed a Mandarin Chinese language course at the Grade 11 level in British Columbia with a minimum course grade of 86 % – course completion attained through challenge, equivalency or other course credit is not eligible
- Be enrolled in or have completed a Mandarin Chinese language course at the Grade 12 level
- Have attained a grade of 73% and above in all completed Grade 11 courses
BCCIE is a proud partner in the administration of this award and will be receiving and evaluating award applications and distributing awards to successful applicants.
The deadline for these awards is March 1, 2020.
Find out more about the award here.