2021 Taiwan Scholarship
The Taiwan Scholarship Program was established by the Ministry of Education (MOE) to encourage outstanding international students to undertake degree programs in Taiwan. In addition to providing study opportunities for a wide range of disciplines at Taiwan’s universities and colleges, this program also aims to:
- Promote knowledge, understanding and friendship between people in Taiwan and in countries around the world.
- Provide opportunities to increase academic and educational links with international institutions of higher learning.
- Develop outstanding professionals and experts to meet the needs of the global society.
- Undergraduate program: maximum 4 years.
- Master’s program: maximum 2 years.
- Doctoral program: maximum 4 years.
Every recipient cannot receive Taiwan scholarship for more than 5 years in total.
Amount of Scholarships:
Tuition and payment of academic fees, including credit fee. Upon validation of tuition and above fees, the MOE awards each recipient per semester up to TWD 40,000 (Equivalent to 1813 CAD, subject to change). If the total amount of these fees exceeds TWD 40,000, the remaining amount must be paid to the university/college by the student. Tuition and academic fees do not include any of the following: administration fees, thesis supervision fees, insurance premiums, accommodation, Internet access, all of which are payable by the recipients.
Undergraduate Scholarship: a monthly stipend of TWD 15,000 (Equivalent to 680 CAD, subject to change)
Master’s or Doctoral Scholarship: a monthly stipend of TWD 20,000 (Equivalent to 906 CAD, subject to change)
Scholarship Period: Begins on September 1 and ends on August 31 of the following year. Recipients must arrive in Taiwan and register at their university/college at the schedule time. It is not permitted to defer taking up a Taiwan Scholarship until the following year.
Application Period: February 1st ~ March 31st, 2021
For more information, please click here.