Stories from Abroad $1000 BC Study Abroad Scholarship now open
In this video, Stories from Abroad scholarship winner Roya Firoozbakhsh tells us about life in Berlin, Germany.
Studying abroad is a life-changing experience that helps to graduate global citizens. But students still cite financial reasons as a top barrier to study abroad.
On behalf of the BC Study Abroad Consortium, we are pleased to announce the Stories from Abroad Scholarship that helps offset some of the costs of learning in another country.
Student eligibility to apply for this scholarship is based on the following:
- They are currently enrolled at a BCSA Consortium institution
- They are currently enrolled in a short-term study abroad program or have been accepted into a short-term study abroad program in the current calendar year
How to apply
Download the application checklist and email the application materials in one PDF with the subject line reading "Stories from Abroad: British Columbia Study Abroad Scholarship Application" to email@example.com
In return for the $1000 scholarship the chosen student will need to submit the following to be uploaded onto our BCSA Blog:
- One 300-400 word blog post (with a photo) pre-departure
- One 300-400 word blog post (with a photo) throughout the duration of the study abroad program
- One 300-400 word blog post (with a photo) once the study abroad program has finished and the student has returned to BC
- 8-10 high resolution photos (in JPEG format) upon completion of the student’s study abroad program
- In an accompanying Word document, supply the following information for each photo: Image File Name, Location (Geotag), Caption
- A short presentation at the student's home institution once back in BC
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MARCH 5, 2017
Please share this opportunity with your students and circulate throughout your international offices.