Scholarships for teachers of Spanish working in Canada
Tia Tula Scholarships 2016 Scholarships for teachers of Spanish working in Canada
The Embassy of Spain in Canada has announced that the Tia Tula School is offering eight scholarships to take part in a professional development course in Salamanca, Spain.
The dates for the course are July 3–9, 2016, distributed as follows:
Course: Training for Spanish as a Second Language Teachers, 4–5 July. Conference “Global Spanish” at the University of Salamanca: 6–8 July.
The course is designed for working teachers of Spanish (in Middle School, High School, Colleges and Universities) who would like to improve their teaching skills by using innovative strategies. It includes three training workshops on the following aspects:
- Frequent grammar doubts and mistakes in the use of grammar: direct / indirect object pronouns, past tenses, ser/estar, subjunctive, etc.
- Explanation, idea-sharing and examples of activities to work with grammar items.
- Ideas for the creation of teaching materials for conversation, literature and culture lessons, among others.
The scholarship includes:
- Professional development course for teachers of Spanish as a Second Language (6 hours).
- Accommodation in student dorm, in private room with full board (July 3–9, 2016).
- Extracurricular activities for July 4–5 evenings: guided tour of the city and Spanish “tapas” tasting.
- Attendance to the Conference “Global Spanish” at the University of Salamanca”, which will take place from July 6 to July 8.
However, successful applicants will be responsible to cover the cost of round-trip airfare and the travel to and from Salamanca.
Please email a complete résumé, a letter of reference from your principal or school district and a motivation letter to email@example.com by March 17, 2016.