Webinar | Ukraine’s & Czech Republic’s Education Sectors Today – International Education Market Updates, Trends, and DevelopmentsDate: Nov 3, 2020
Time: 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. PST
Format: Online via GoToWebinar
Hosted By: BCCIE and Trade Commissioner Service, Global Affairs Canada
Eastern Europe continues to grow in importance for the Canadian international education sector. Two countries, the Czech Republic and Ukraine, present excellent opportunities for potential international students coming to K-12, post-secondary, and the language sectors.
Canada and the Czech Republic have longstanding and close ties that date back to 1948, with these ties renewed and strengthened in 19891. Canada’s and Ukraine’s partnership also rely on special historical and cultural ties, enriched and fostered by the community in Canada of 1.4 million Canadians of Ukrainian heritage. As an emerging market, the Czech Republic provides opportunities for development and diversification, while Ukraine is Canada’s fourth source market of international students in Europe2.
Please join the trade commissioners from the Embassy of Canada to the Czech Republic and Ukraine responsible for international education, to learn about contemporary market intelligence, key data, trends, developments, opportunities, and analysis on the issues currently impacting the Czech Republic’s and Ukraine’s education sectors. Our presentation will be followed by a Q&A.
- The Czech Republic and Ukrainian education sectors at a glance – develop a better understanding of the education markets in the Czech Republic and Ukraine with key data on student mobility and a regional market overview;
- Education and business during COVID-19 – share current developments impacting the Czech Republic and Ukraine education sectors, including international mobility;
- Post COVID-19 trends and opportunities – identify possible partnership opportunities and market strategies in the Czech Republic and Ukraine education sectors.
- Barbora Florková, Trade Commissioner Assistant, the Embassy of Canada in Prague
- Liliana Zhylina, Trade Commissioner, the Embassy of Canada in Kyiv