Internationalization and the SDGs – Virtual interactive panel discussionsDate: Sep 29, 2020
Time: 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. EDT
Hosted By: CBIE
|On behalf of the CBIE International Relations Professional Learning Community in Canada, CBIE is pleased to invite you to the Internationalization and the SDGs panel discussion.
The novel coronavirus has exposed huge inequalities both between and within countries; at the same time, it has reinforced the idea that global challenges require global solutions. The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) can serve as a set of principles that guide organizations in translating their core values, missions, and aspirations into measurable, comparable, and sustainable impacts, leading to more equitable outcomes. What is the role of universities, in particular, international relations offices, in advancing the UN 2030 SDG agenda? How are universities adopting and mobilizing the SDGs as part of their strategies?
Please join a group of internationally renowned experts to exchange ideas and experiences on this exciting and relevant topic.
● Dr. Alex Awiti, Vice Provost, Aga Khan University
● Dr. Rajesh Tandon, UNESCO Co-Chair on Community Based Research and Social Responsibility in Higher Education; Founder, Society for Participatory Research in Asia
● Dr. Meghna Ramaswamy, Director, International Office, University of Saskatchewan, Canada
● Dr. Greg Moran, Executive Director, Academics Without Borders
● Mr. Duncan Ross, Chief Data Officer, Times Higher Education (THE)
● Ambassador Miguel Ruiz Cabañas, SDGs Initiative, Director, Tec de Monterrey
● Mr. Jon Beale, Manager, Sustainable Development Solutions Network Canada, University of Waterloo
● Prof. Jonathan Grant, Professor of Public Policy, Policy Institute, King’s College London
Please click here for program agenda and registration details.
For inquiries regarding the event, please contact Julio Sevilla (email@example.com).