2020 WES International Credential Evaluation WorkshopDate: May 11, 2020 — May 12, 2020
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Hosted By: BCCIE
Location: Room 1600 (Canfor Policy Room), SFU Harbour Centre
City: Vancouver, BC
Cost: $450 for the two-day workshop (Note: purchase of single-day admission is not available for this event.) Lunch is included.
This two-day, hands-on workshop will teach you how to use WES's proven evaluation methods and techniques, and show you the latest tools and resources to evaluate international credentials from Philippines, Nigeria, Vietnam, and India in a systematic and productive manner. Working with authentic credentials, you will hone your evaluation skills and gain insights that will help you streamline your admissions processes and make the most efficient and reliable admissions decisions for your institution. The workshop will be led by seasoned WES experts who will share information and respond to questions based on the most pertinent topics related to credential evaluation.
This workshop will include:
- Learning how to obtain appropriate and authentic academic documents
- Determining the status of the overseas institutions
- A review and comparison of Canadian and foreign educational systems
- Hands-on exercises and tips for evaluating credentials from Colombia, India, Mexico, and Vietnam
- WES instructors are highly experienced international credential evaluators and have a combined 30+ years of experience in the field
- Training blends instruction of WES methodology with hands-on practical opportunities to enrich learning
- Customized instruction and materials tailored to the needs of BC’s international education sector
- All participants get a workbook which includes specific country information education systems, grading scales, accreditation, verification procedures, document requirements, and sample credentials with practical exercises
Aditi Kadakia, Associate Director of Quality Assurance
Aditi came to WES in 2011 after serving as an education Peace Corps Volunteer in Mozambique for two years. She specializes in the analysis and evaluation of credentials from Australia, Caribbean and African Commonwealth countries, the Indian subcontinent, and New Zealand. She holds a bachelor's degree in biology and economics from the University of Rochester. Aditi is fluent in Portuguese.
Jessica Magaziner, Knowledge Analyst
Jessica Magaziner has worked in credential evaluation and international education research at WES since 2012. She earned dual bachelor’s degrees in French and Francophone Studies and International Studies at the Pennsylvania State University. She has completed graduate-level study in International Peace and Conflict Resolution at Arcadia University in Pennsylvania and the European Peace University in Austria. At WES, her primary specialization is French and Francophone systems of education.
This is a paid event open only to all BC public and private EQA-designated post-secondary institutions. To register for this workshop, please complete the registration form by Thursday, April 30th.
If space is available, this workshop will be open to institutions outside of BC after Thursday, April 23. If you are from an institution in another Canadian province, please email email@example.com to inquire about registration availability prior to completing the registration form.
Cancellation and refund policy
Refunds of event registration fees paid, less a $100.00 CAD administration fee, will be granted until Thursday, April 30 at 4:00 p.m. Cancellation requests must be received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before this date.
No refunds will be given after Thursday, April 30. However, name changes are allowed provided that they are submitted in writing to email@example.com on or before Monday, May 4.