Grant Program for Canadian Indigenous Students 2018
The Grant Program for Canadian Indigenous Students 2018 is a brand new program intended for higher education institutions interested in participating in academic exchanges. A total of 36 groups of students will be funded by the Mexican government. The deadline for submitting proposals is August 26, 2018.
Applications can be submitted here.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (SRE), through the Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation (AMEXCID), invites Canadian Higher Education Institutions interested in academic exchanges through short exchanges with Mexican intercultural and bilingual universities to participate in the Grant Program for Canadian Indigenous Students.
This Grant Program is a result of the renewed academic collaboration between Canada and Mexico. AMEXCID has created this Grant Program to recognize innovative initiatives that increase access to international education. Through mechanisms such as the Canada-Mexico Partnership and Proyecta 10,000, the bonds of friendship and cooperation between our countries have reached unprecedented levels of excellence. The official visits of both the Prime Minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau, and President Enrique Peña Nieto, resulted in specific actions of promotion and inclusion.
Through this Grant Program, up to 36 scholarships will be awarded for six groups up to five Canadian students accompanied by one university appointed faculty member to carry out activities in conjunction with one of the following Mexican Intercultural and Bilingual Universities:
- Universidad Intercultural del Estado de Mexico (UIEM)
- Universidad Intercultural del Estado de Puebla (UIEP)
- Universidad Intercultural Maya de Quintana Roo (UIMQROO)
The grant/scholarship will include: two-way airplane ticket (Canada-Mexico-Canada), ground transportation to the host Intercultural University, and a stipend of up to $7,500.00 MXP per person.
The group may participate in one or more of the following modules at the receiving institution:
- Program of academic advisors in Spanish: Visiting students can improve their Spanish language skills.
- Program of academic advisors in English: Visiting students can participate in conversation clubs in English, with the purpose of supporting Mexican students to improve their skills in this language.
- Program of academic advisors in native languages of Mexico: Visiting students will be able to learn basic expressions and conversations in some of the native languages that are spoken in the immediate context of the Intercultural Universities and to experience an approach in the daily life of the culture.
- Course on interculturality.
This call will remain open until 23:53 hours (Central Mexico time) on August 26, 2018.
For further questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
This Program is an unprecedented opportunity to enhance bilateral exchange between the indigenous communities in both countries. We appreciate your interest in strengthening strategic academic cooperation between Canada and Mexico.