Webinar | South Asia’s Education Sectors Today – International Education Market Updates, Trends, and DevelopmentsDate: Oct 29, 2020
Time: 8:00 – 9:00 a.m. PT
Format: Online via GoToWebinar
Hosted By: BCCIE and Trade Commissioner Service, Global Affairs Canada
The South Asia region continues to be on the top of strategic and priority markets for international education across Canada. India currently processes the highest number of study permits to students going to Canadian post-secondary institutions. Bangladesh has been among the top 20 source markets growing steadily over the past five years1. Bhutan and Nepal are emerging markets that are key to diversification approaches.
Please join the Trade Commissioners from the High Commission of Canada in Bangladesh and the High Commission of Canada in India (serving India, Bhutan, and Nepal) responsible for the education portfolio. They will present on contemporary market intelligence, visa processing updates, key data, trends, developments, opportunities, and analysis on the issues currently impacting the education sector in the South Asia region.
The presentation will be followed by a Q&A.
- The South Asia region education sector at a glance – develop a better understanding of the education market in India, Nepal, Bhutan and Bangladesh with key data on student mobility and a regional market overview;
- Education and business during COVID-19 – share current developments impacting the education sector in the South Asia region, including international mobility;
- Post COVID-19 trends and opportunities – identify possible partnership opportunities and market strategies in the South Asia region education sector;
- Updates on visa processing in Bangladesh, India, Bhutan, and Nepal.
- Gulam Farhad Quazi, Trade Commissioner, High Commission of Canada, Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Anuj Bhasin, Trade Commissioner, High Commission of Canada, New Delhi, India