Webinar | New Partnership Opportunities Throughout Southeast Asia: Collaborating with the SEAMEO Centre NetworkDate: Jan 19, 2021
Time: 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. PT
Format: Online via GoToWebinar
Hosted By: BCCIE
The Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO) is a regional intergovernmental organization established in 1965 among governments of Southeast Asian countries to promote cooperation in education, science, and culture in the region. At present, SEAMEO consists of the following 11 member countries: Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam.
BCCIE is now formally a SEAMEO Affiliate Member organization. As an Affiliate Member, BCCIE acts as an intermediary between SEAMEO’s 26 regional centres and BC’s institutions and school districts in support of activities and partnerships relating to SEAMEO’s seven educational priorities. BCCIE is planning a number of events and opportunities to introduce SEAMEO and its regional centres to the international education sectors in BC, including K-12, post-secondary, and language.
The objective of this session is to introduce SEAMEO and the opportunities within the network of SEAMEO training centres to BC’s international education sector towards forging productive and sustainable international partnerships. The opportunities are substantial within the region and we look forward to helping forge these collaborations. Please join us!
- High-level introduction to SEAMEO Secretariat and SEAMEO Training Centres
- Overview of BCCIE’s Affiliate membership with SEAMEO
- Case studies of recent BC/SEAMEO Centre collaborations and sharing of best practices
- Upcoming initiatives and ongoing opportunities to advance partnerships and collaboration through Southeast Asia through the SEAMEO network
- Dr. Randall Martin, Executive Director, British Columbia Council for International Education
- Jennifer Daubeny, Executive Director, International Education Division, Global Affairs Canada
- Dr. Ethel Agnes Pascua-Valenzuela, Director, Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization Secretariat (SEAMEO Secretariat)
- Dr. Ho Thanh My Phuong, Director, Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization Regional Training Center in Vietnam (SEAMEO RETRAC)
- Victoria Lee, Principal, Burnaby South Secondary School
- Carolyn Russell, Executive Director, Global Engagement, University of Victoria
Registration deadline: January 19, 3:00 p.m. PT.