Webinar | Japan’s Education Sector Today – International Education Market Updates, Trends, and DevelopmentsDate: Sep 14, 2020
Time: 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. PDT
Format: Online via GoToWebinar
Hosted By: BCCIE and Trade Commissioner Service, Global Affairs Canada
Canada continues to be recognized in Japan as an excellent destination for study, research and academic collaboration. In addition to our quality of education, Japanese students are attracted to our standard of living and quality of life, secure cities, and work opportunities in the province. Japan remains one of the top source markets for international students to Canada and BC.
Please join the officers from the Embassy of Canada to Japan responsible for international education and migration, to learn about contemporary market intelligence, visa processing updates, key data, trends, developments, opportunities, and analysis on the issues currently impacting the Japanese education sector. Our presentation will be followed by a Q&A.
- The Japanese education sector at a glance – develop a better understanding of the education market in Japan with key data on student mobility and a regional market overview;
- Education and business during COVID-19 – share current developments impacting the education sector in Japan, including international mobility;
- Post COVID-19 trends and opportunities – identify possible partnership opportunities and market strategies in the Japan education sector;
- Updates on visa processing in Japan.
- Megumi Akiyama, Information and Education Promotion officer, the Embassy of Canada to Japan
- Harold Wulf, Counsellor (Migration), the Embassy of Canada to Japan