Webinar | CANIE Accord: Turning Climate Goals Into ActionDate: Apr 6, 2023
Time: 10:00 am PT
Hosted By: BCCIE
BCCIE invites our international education colleagues to join an informative webinar on the CANIE Accord (Climate Action Network for International Educators). This presentation will explore the requirements for becoming a signatory, and key benefits of signatory status. The presenters will also discuss other opportunities to engage with CANIE.
CANIE is a grassroots non-profit organization that is run entirely by volunteers in the international education sector who see the need for our sector to step up and act on climate. There are global working groups with specific goals (events, marketing, fundraising, content) and regional chapters. This event is in partnership with the CANIE Americas Chapter.
About the CANIE Accord
A public commitment to action and it provides a menu of practical actions that institutions, or units within institutions, can take to reduce their negative climate impacts (footprint) and increase their positive climate impacts (handprint) from their international education activities and operations.
- Importance of climate action within international education
- Understanding the role the CANIE Accord Plays within international education, regionally and globally
- Practical next steps for becoming a signatory of the CANIE Accord
- Sebastian Fernandes – COO, FPP
- CJ Tremblay – Founder and Managing Director, Alethea Global Cooperative
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.