Announcing the BC-China Award for Excellence in Chinese for BC Grade 12 students
British Columbia’s Ministry of Education is pleased to announce that applications are now open for the BC-China Award for Excellence in Chinese. The award promotes the development of intercultural knowledge and understanding in support of the British Columbia International Education Strategy, increasing the two-way flow of students, teachers and ideas between BC and the world. We kindly ask that you share news of this award and the promotional poster among your networks.
The BC-China Award for Excellence in Chinese is a collaborative scholarship program offering up to fifty (50) $500 Awards for BC students studying Chinese. The awards are jointly funded by the BC Ministry of Education and the Consulate General of the People’s Republic of China in Vancouver.
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Ordinarily reside in BC
- Be school-age (not older than 19 years of age by June 30, 2017)
- Be enrolled as a full-time Grade 12 student at a public or independent school in BC
- Have completed a Mandarin Chinese language course at the Grade 11 level in BC with a minimum course grade of 86% – course completion attained through challenge, equivalency or other course credit is not eligible
- Be enrolled in or have completed a Mandarin Chinese language course at the Grade 12 level
- Have attained a letter grade of B or higher (i.e., 73% and above) in all completed Grade 11 courses
BCCIE is a proud partner in the administration of this award and will be receiving and evaluating award applications and distributing awards to successful applicants.
The nomination window is December 15, 2016 through March 31, 2017.
For more information, and to apply, visit the BC Government’s International Education Scholarships page.