The 14th Jiangsu International Forum for School PrincipalsDate: Nov 4, 2018 — Nov 9, 2018
Location: Nantong, Jiangsu
Theme: Creating Equity and Excellence in Basic Education
Organizer: Jiangsu Education Services for International Exchange (JESIE)
Host: Jiangsu Provincial Department of Education & Nantong Municipal Bureau of Education
This event is open to all principals and heads of International Departments at BC public school districts and independent K-12 schools.
One of BCCIE’s key partners in East China, Jiangsu Education Services for International Exchange (JESIE), has put forward an invitation to our K-12 system to participate in the 14th Jiangsu International Forum for School Principals, taking place from November 4 – 9, 2018, in Nantong, Jiangsu Province (Google Map), which is about 150 km from Shanghai. The forum was created by the Jiangsu Provincial Department of Education in 2005 and had been held in different cities around the world for over 10 years.
- 3-dementional networking opportunities offered daily with participations of approx. 200 Chinese school principals and 120 from overseas
- Sharing experiences and best practices in the area of school operation and management
- Discussing about curriculum sharing and development
- Exchanging innovative ideas and experiences related to international cooperation
- Developing sister school relationships
- Exploring student and teacher exchange opportunities
All in-Jiangsu costs for BC participants will be covered by the organizer, JESIE. Those include accommodation, meals, local transportation, registration and local activities. Each participant will be required to pay for your airfare, China visa and travel insurance.
JESIE is an international branch operating under the Jiangsu Provincial Department of Education. JESIE serves over 45000 educators and students annually by organizing or facilitating:
- Overseas teacher training programs
- Student exchange programs
- Outbound educational missions
- Establishing Confucius institutes
- Overseas study tours
- Study in China programs, etc.
About Jiangsu Province
In the spring of 2015, British Columbia signed a sister province education MOU with Jiangsu Province, which is a prosperous eastern province with China’s 2nd highest GDP and a long tradition of quality learning and excellence in education. Its capital city, Nanjing, is a famous ancient city served as the capital of six dynasties in China including the Republic of China before 1949. In 2015, there were 5072 kindergartens, 4023 elementary schools (4.7 million students), 2904 secondary schools (3.6 million students) and 134 post-secondary institutions (1.8 million students) in Jiangsu Province.