Immigration Pathways For International Students WebinarDate: Jan 31, 2018
Time: 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Format: Webinar presentation and Q&A
Hosted By: BCCIE
Cost: $15 (To cover BCCIE's administrative costs only.) Please note that no refunds will be given for this event.
BCCIE is pleased to invite our International Education sector to join Heather Michaud of IRCC and Aireen Luney of the BC PNP, for a presentation and Q&A on Express Entry and the BC PNP, with a focus on how these two programs can serve as immigration pathways for international students graduating from educational institutions in BC or Canada.
Attendees will come away from this session with the following:
- Details of the federal and provincial immigration pathways, and how the two programs align
- Increased knowledge of Express Entry: how the system works; what the eligibility criteria are for the Canadian Experience Class, the Federal Skilled Worker and Federal Skilled Trades programs; and how international students can plan a path towards permanent residence once they graduate
- Enhanced understanding of where students can find relevant, up-to-date information on the IRCC website
- An up-to-date and detailed overview of the BC PNP and its program categories
- A practical understanding of the BC PNP Skills Immigration Registration System (SIRS), including how points are awarded, and invitations to apply
- Details about the new BC PNP Tech Pilot and how it may be relevant to international students
- Resources that can be accessed on a regular basis to obtain the latest updates on federal and provincial immigration programs
Heather Michaud – Employer Liaison Network Officer, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Heather Michaud is an Employer Liaison Network (ELN) officer with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). She holds a BA and MA from the University of Calgary. She started her IRCC career as a Foreign Service officer in 2000 and has worked in several visa offices overseas including Beirut, Singapore, New Delhi, Colombo, Seattle, Nairobi, and Rabat.
Aireen Luney – Manager of Program Development and Promotion, BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP)
Aireen Luney is the Manager, Program Development and Promotion for the BC Provincial Nominee Program in the Ministry of Jobs, Trade, and Technology. Aireen leads strategic program development and promotion of B.C.’s economic immigration programs.
Prior to joining the BC PNP, Aireen had extensive experience in all aspects of human resource management with the BC Public Service Agency. She has a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Victoria and speaks four languages.
To register for the webinar, please fill out this online form.