SOLD OUT: 2017 WES international credential evaluation workshop – undergraduate and graduate admissionsDate: Apr 12, 2017 — Apr 13, 2017
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. PST (Informal networking session at 8:00 a.m. Workshop begins at 8:30 a.m.)
Hosted By: BCCIE
Location: Room 2270, SFU Harbour Centre, 515 West Hastings Street, Vancouver
Cost: $750 for the two-day workshop
This two-day, hands-on lab will teach you how to use the World Education Services's (WES) proven evaluation methods and techniques, and show you the latest tools and resources to evaluate international credentials from Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Vietnam and India in a systematic and productive manner. Working with authentic credentials, you will hone your evaluation skills and streamline your processes to make the most efficient and reliable admissions decisions, while being guided by our seasoned professionals as they pose and respond to questions based on the most pertinent topics related to credential evaluation.
Day 1: Evaluating international credentials for undergraduate admissions
Day 2: Evaluating international credentials for graduate admissions
This workshop will include:
- Learning how to obtain appropriate and authentic documents and transcripts;
- Determining the status of the overseas institutions;
- A review and comparison of Canadian and foreign educational systems; and
- Hands-on evaluation tips for credentials from Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Vietnam, and India.
- WES instructors are highly experienced international credential evaluators;
- Training blends instruction of WES methodology with hands-on practical opportunities to enrich learning; and
- Customized instruction and materials tailored to the needs of BC’s International Education sector.
Carlos Monroy, Quality Assurance Manager
Carlos Monroy has been evaluating international academic credentials at WES since 2006. He specializes in evaluations from Latin America and has presented his research at various conferences including NAFSA, NAGAP, CAIE, EAIE and CONAHEC. Carlos earned his master's degree in international relations from City University of New York.
Kevin Rolwing, Quality Assurance Director
Kevin specializes in the educational systems of Latin America, Europe, the Bologna Process, and more. He has completed extensive research on educational systems worldwide and has participated in the Fulbright International Education Administrators Program.
Aditi Kadakia, Senior Knowledge Analyst
Aditi came to WES in 2011 after serving as an education Peace Corps Volunteer in Mozambique for 2 years. She specializes in the analysis and evaluation of credentials from the Indian subcontinent, Caribbean and African commonwealth countries, Australia and New Zealand.
This workshop is now full. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the waitlist. You will be contacted should a spot become available.