2017 Beijing International Student Summer CampDate: Jul 14, 2017 — Jul 23, 2017
Hosted By: BIEE
Location: Beijing, China
BCCIE’s partner, Beijing International Education Exchange (BIEE), the international arm of the Beijing Municipal Education Commission, has again extended an invitation for 22 secondary-school students from across British Columbia to participate in the 2017 Beijing International Student Summer Camp. The dates have yet to be fixed, but according to the preliminary program, the camp will take place mid-July 2017 in Beijing, China. Two chaperones/teachers from the BC K-12 system and one BCCIE representative will accompany the students on the 10-day Summer Camp.
On behalf of BIEE, we would like to invite BC school districts and independent schools to each nominate up to two local secondary students between the ages of 14 to 18 to participate in the program. Once you have selected your students, please contact Tom Wang at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 31 with the following details as outlined below.
Student information required:
- First name
- Last name
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Letter of support from the Principal or Superintendent
- We encourage districts and schools to promote this program and advise you that student selection is fully the responsibility of the school/school district. You must establish your own internal selection criteria and procedure to identify exemplary and team-oriented candidates as student ambassadors of BC and Canada.
- Districts or schools will be required to provide a brief letter of support from the Principal or Superintendent for each student selected to participate in the program.
- Participants who fail to follow camp rules or harm the reputation of the district or school will be sent home at their own expense.
- In an effort to extend this opportunity to as broad a range of students as possible, districts are encouraged to consider gender diversity in their selection of students from different schools where possible
We will also be in need of two teachers who can act as chaperones. Districts or schools are welcome to nominate a teacher to accompany the group.
Note: These spaces fill up quickly. Selection of students and chaperones will be on FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED BASIS.
Costs related to the Summer Camp in Beijing
All in-China costs for BC participants will be covered by the hosts, BIEE. These costs include accommodations, meals, local transportation, tuition and local activities.
Each participant will be required to pay for international and domestic airfare between the participant’s home airport and Beijing, medical/travel insurance and an administration fee, which covers camp registration costs and securing a China visitor’s visa. Participants are also encouraged to bring spare funds for personal use. Please note that in the past some districts have covered some or all of the fees for their participating students and chaperones. Your support in this fashion would be appreciated. Please visit BIEE’s website for more information about the Summer Camp.
This again promises to be a life-altering experience for students from across our province and we encourage your support and participation.