Education Marketing Managers
Directory of current EMMs
|Jake Zhang||Guangzhou, Chinafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jessie Gao||Shanghai, Chinaemail@example.com|
|Vicky (Shuonan) Song||Beijing, Chinafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Yun-Ju Jung||Seoul, Koreaemail@example.com|
|Rohit Bansal||Chandigarh, Indiafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Michiko Aoshima||Tokyo, Japanemail@example.com|
|Angela Bernardo||Manila, Philippinesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
In 2012–13, the Government of British Columbia hired six dedicated Education Marketing Managers (EMMs) to help advance British Columbia’s international education interests in key markets including China, India, Korea, and Japan. The hiring of EMMs was a commitment under British Columbia’s International Education Strategy.
Roles and responsibilities
The EMMs have been placed in BC’s Trade and Investment Offices with a mandate to support International Education through the following activities:
- Promote BC as an International Education destination at international trade shows, and leverage BC provincial government marketing materials and online social media platforms.
- Leverage BC’s trade offices and other resources to advance overseas marketing.
Develop relationships with alumni and related networks overseas, using BC-educated students working overseas to help better promote business opportunities in and for BC including:
- Extending invitations to appropriate government and industry networking events.
- Support BC education institutions at the K-12 and post-secondary level and work with BCCIE in their inbound missions to market.
B.C.’s Education Marketing Managers (EMMs) are available to support your International Education marketing and recruitment needs. They do not serve as agents but are a valuable in-market resource and can be reached by email.
- Download COMPASS – Winter 2014 | Issue 1 – features India
- Download COMPASS – Spring 2015 | Issue 2 – features South China
- Download COMPASS – Fall 2015 | Issue 3 – features Japan
- Download BC’s International Education Strategy
- Download the EMM Presentation (Last updated: March 8, 2013)