Stories from Abroad: $1000 British Columbia Study Abroad Scholarship
On behalf of the BC Study Abroad Consortium, we are inviting outbound BC students to apply for a $1,000 scholarship in return for sharing their experience about learning abroad!
Eligibility for this scholarship is based on the following:
- Students are currently enrolled at a BCSA Consortium institution
- Students are currently enrolled in a short-term study abroad program or have been accepted into a short-term study abroad program in the current calendar year
How to apply
Refer to the application checklist and email the application materials in one PDF with the subject line reading "Stories from Abroad: British Columbia Study Abroad Scholarship Application" to email@example.com
In return for the $1000 scholarship the chosen student will need to submit the following to be uploaded onto our BCSA Blog:
- One 300-400 word blog post (with a photo) pre-departure
- One 300-400 word blog post (with a photo) throughout the duration of the study abroad program
- One 300-400 word blog post (with a photo) once the study abroad program has finished and the student has returned to BC
8-10 high resolution photos (in JPEG format) upon completion of the student’s study abroad program
- In an accompanying Word document, supply the following information for each photo: Image File Name, Location (Geotag), Caption
- A short presentation at the student's home institution once back in BC
Application Deadline: March 4, 2018
These photos and posts will be featured on our BC Study Abroad website and social media channels. They may also be featured on our StudyinBC website and channels.
Please ask your international advisor or visit your institution’s Student Awards and Financial Aid website for more information.