Announcing the BC International Student Ambassador Scholarships
British Columbia’s Ministry of Education is pleased to announce that nominations are now open for the International Student Ambassador Scholarships. The awards promote the development of intercultural knowledge and understanding in support of BC’s new education curriculum and contribute to the goals of the British Columbia International Education Strategy, increasing the two-way flow of students, teachers and ideas between BC and the world. We kindly ask that you share news of the awards and this promotional poster among your networks. To note, the poster should only be posted in international offices and should not be distributed to the international student body.
BCCIE is a proud partner in the administration of the awards and will be receiving and evaluating award applications and distributing awards to successful applicants.
In order to be eligible for nomination by a school district or independent school, the international student must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be accepted for first-time entry into a BC public or independent school at the Grade 9, 10, or 11 level for the 2017/2018 school year
- Be of school age (no older than 19 by June 30, 2017)
- Be nominated by a BC school district or independent school
- Hold a valid passport from the People’s Republic of China, Japan or the Republic of Korea
Post-Secondary Institution (PSI) Applications
In order to be eligible for nomination by a school district, independent school or BC-certified offshore school, the international student must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be nominated by a BC school district, independent school or BC-certified offshore school
- Be intending to enter a public post-secondary institution or a degree program at an authorized private degree granting institution in the 2017/18 school year (see the list of eligible institutions)
- Hold a valid passport from the People’s Republic of China, Japan, or the Republic of Korea
- Achieve a high academic standard, including English language ability
Nomination window: January 9 through March 31, 2017.
For more information, and to apply, visit the BC Government’s International Education Scholarships page.